This STEM resource, produced by teachers at SafeEdForAll, aims to educate students on pollution-free air. It introduces HEPA technology and highlights what engineers can do to ensure clean air is accessible for everyone.
DOWNLOAD THE RESOURCE HERE
The link includes a comprehensive lesson plan with:
- Summary of educational and learning objectives
- Activities to support these objectives
- Keywords to prompt questions and discussion
- A detailed lesson plan
- Did you know? Sheet
- Project checklist
- History of the Corsi-Rosenthal Box
- Instructions to build your HEPA filter
This effective DIY HEPA filter, known as the Corsi-Rosenthal Box, is inexpensive to make. A box fan costs between £10 and £25, and a pack of 4 MERV 13 filters can be found for under £50.
If you’d like to assist schools with funding to build filters, please get in touch with us.